Invest in your future. Join one of the largest employee owned companies in the nation! The Care of Trees & Davey have a unique culture that focuses on the open exchanging of ideas, community partnerships, a commitment to safety, and delivering unrivaled client service while acting as industry leaders in horticultural and environmental services.
We are currently looking to add a dynamic Plant Healthcare Technician to our passionate team of tree care professionals Hamden, CT. Your office is outdoors, and you get a new view every day!
What You’ll Do:
- Cultivate your career and fertilize your future!
- Properly identify and diagnose insects, weeds, fungus conditions, and pest prone areas
- Communicate with and educate the client regarding the diagnosis and the prescribed pest control, and fertilization service with customers
- Perform the prescribed fertilization and integrated pest management on tree and shrubs using spray and injection tools
- Continuously monitor the pest control and fertilizing methods after application and communicate progress to customers and supervisors
- Drive, use, maintain and properly operate truck and sprayer equipment
- Be part of the most progressive greenspace stewardship team in the industry!
What We’re Looking For:
- Love of the outdoors
- Preferred: Background in Forestry, Horticulture, or Landscaping
- Preferred: Turf, Weed, Tree and shrub ID, Pathology, and knowledge of turf or tree physiology
- Ability to complete the Davey Tree Qualified Plant Health Care Tech training program upon hire
- Ability to complete the Davey Tree First Aid, CPR and defensive driving course upon hire
- Valid driver’s license
- Preferred: Class A or B with Airbrake Endorsement
- Preferred: Relevant pesticide and related licenses and certificates, if required by state law
What We Offer:
- Paid Time off and paid holidays
- Opportunities for advancement
- All job specific equipment and safety gear provided
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Employee-owned company & discounted stock purchase options
- Group Health Plan
- Employee referral bonus program
- Locations throughout US in major cities and desirable areas
- Career Development Program supported by Industry Expert Safety Specialists & Skills Trainers
- Scholarship Program for Children of Employees
- Charitable matching gift program
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: High School Diploma / GED / Pesticide Applicator's License preferred
Work Experience Required: 2 - 3 years preferred
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
Requisition Number: 68966
Pre-employment Drug Screen and Social Security verification required.
Visit jobs.davey.com to search for Davey jobs all over the country!
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at [email protected].