Stoel Rives LLP has an immediate opening for a Business Development Coordinator based in our Portland office. Stoel Rives Business Development Coordinators are self-starters, intellectually curious, consistently pursuing efficiency, and motivated to ask “why?” Our coordinators have excellent written and verbal communication skills and can work across all levels of firm management. The Business Development Coordinator (“BDC”) role works as a member of a pooled coordinator team working together to deliver services to BD Managers. Coordinators will fulfill tasks and take project support roles to further business development goals and to support learning and development across the range of coordinator skills. BDCs can be located in any of the firm’s offices and will support BD team members from across the firm’s offices.
- Support on pitches and proposals, including the preparation of first drafts for BDM review, making subsequent revisions, and recording the opportunity specifics in the proposal tracking database
- Support on sponsorships and other significant investments, including processing payment and providing deliverables including firm logo, descriptions, ads, etc
- Support on events and webinars, including drafting invitation text for approval, working with the martech team to send invitations and track RSVPs, providing logistics support, and providing follow-up support
- Support on marketing collateral handling including updates to brochures, web sites, practice descriptions, requests for new creative assets, etc.
- Support for content marketing campaigns, including written thought leadership, podcast and other multimedia, social media, and other digital assets
- Support for industry group meetings and reporting, including generating new business reports and collecting new matter experience points
- Support for Chambers and other surveys and directories, including tracking the completion status and compiling response information
- Support on project sprints for department process improvement including workflow mapping, SOP development, training resource creation, and other “build as you go” team infrastructure
- Support for other tasks based upon what the BD managers need to be responsive to their partner stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned including special projects for the Director of Business Development
- Solid team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong client service attitude highly desired.
- Proficiency with or aptitude for learning on tools including Microsoft Office Suite, Teams, Sharepoint and other firm-wide tools. Proficiency with Foundation, InterAction, Tikit, InDesign, Canva, and Adobe a plus.
- Strong project and time management skills with the ability to juggle competing priorities and multiple stakeholders.
- Strong personal initiative, continuous learning mindset, and strong work ethic.
- Strong professional writing and grammar skills.
- Ability to self-manage workload and to collaborate with others to complete tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Thirst for knowledge and desire to learn.
- Travel outside of residing office to assigned offices for on-site event management and execution as well as attendance to firm-wide events as directed by dept. leadership.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or Business-related areas or equivalent on the job experience required. 2-4 years marketing experience required, preferably in legal or professional services environment.
NORMAL WORK HOURS
This position is non-exempt and is eligible for overtime compensation. Regular office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Stoel Rives is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Stoel Rives is a leading U.S. corporate and litigation law firm. One of the largest national firms focused on energy, natural resources, environmental and climate change, Stoel Rives also serves the agribusiness, food and beverage, health care, life sciences and technology industries. With more than 350 attorneys operating out of 10 offices in seven states and the District of Columbia, Stoel Rives is a leader in regulatory and compliance matters, business, labor and employment law, intellectual property, land use, real estate development and construction law.