Business Development Representative
The Business Development Representative is responsible for all sales and sales-related activities for ready mix concrete and aggregate products. Related activities include customer care, monitoring market trends, forecasting, accurate reporting, field projects, quoting, sales, and growth.
Represents American Materials with a high level of professionalism, ethics, integrity, and product knowledge-
- Market, promote, and sell ready-mix concrete and aggregate materials.
- Ability to spontaneously discuss industry, market and product knowledge in a variety of audiences
- Maintain awareness of external competition and the competitive landscape as well as opportunities for expansion, customers, markets, new industry developments and standards.
- Operate with the budget and maintain forecasting
- Proactively maintain open communication regarding customer requirements and expectations to appropriate safety, plant, dispatch, credit, quality and management personnel
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and attention to details
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Team-player both internally and externally, in the office and out in the field
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Possess a basic understanding of technology including Microsoft Office
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality and work in a high pressure, fast-paced environment with frequent deadlines
- Bachelor degree preferred or
- High school degree or equivalent required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Background in construction and/or manufacturing of construction products or heavy industrial sales
- Three to five years demonstrated relationship sales and product experience and/or training which will demonstrate strong technical, construction and design consulting sales skills; or equivalent.
Education and/or Experience:
- Proven abilities to build and maintain business relationships.
- Prefer ACI certification. If not ACI certified, will be required to become certified within a year from date of employment and maintain certification thereafter.
- Clean driving record (for last three years)
Successful candidate must submit to post offer pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and background check
American Materials is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law in the programs or activities which it operates
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42,380.00 - $124,449.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Sales Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location