BearCom is the largest value-added distributor of wireless, voice, data and video solutions that boost operating efficiency and increase safety. The company is currently in a high-growth phase and building a team of people who share core values of positivity, exceptional work ethic and a commitment to working hard in order to get the job done. Through partnerships with Motorola, JVC Kenwood, Avigilon, and the like, BearCom services the mission-critical communications needs of its sophisticated customer base. With nearly forty years in the industry and a reputation for technical expertise and the ability to offer customized solutions, BearCom delivers a variety of communication applications across a diverse mix of over 40 end markets in the US and Canada. BearCom's ability to create tailored solutions for its extensive base of over 20,000 active customers allows them to enjoy relationships with the Fortune 100 to small municipalities. BearCom’s headquarters and distribution center are in Dallas, TX and the company is currently partnered with the industry renowned Private Equity sponsor Bertram Funds out of San Mateo, California.
This RF Solutions Architect will be responsible for the technical expertise needed as a Subject Manager Expert with the Sales Team and will be customer facing. In this role, you will be required to understand RF systems (2-Way Radio & BDA/DAS) and software solutions, as well as SLA and customer expectations. Additionally, you will be participating in RF system designs taking into account customer requirements including redundancy, availability, scalability, security, restoral options and customer impact when resolving customer issues.
- Lead and participate in proactive customer account management and incident response for elimination and mitigation of operational impact to customers.
- Provide a timely and professional response to customer communications, perform detailed system diagrams, and build of materials.
- Provide product and system engineered solutions to customer uses cases.
- Utilize tools and demonstrate a high level of proficiency to assess and troubleshoot RF interference issues while working closely with customers to maintain all service level agreements.
- Provide key input and/or lead in the development of operational support of data and documentation pertaining to new or existing infrastructure, platforms or services, development of training materials, processes, procedures, and skills assessments
- Provide leadership of system support, change management and quality oversight, and act as a maintenance liaison with supporting teams and customers.
Bachelors degree in Engineering, IT or related field, and a minimum of 1-3 years of experience in BDA-DAS system designs, network system design, or related system design field (or equivalent combination of training and experience).
- Experience with geolocation software is required.
- Must have experience in the deployment and integration of complex IP and/or RF products and systems.
- Must have an understanding of IP networks.
- Must have experience identifying, classifying, and resolving RF system issues.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, and have experience with Visio or CAD.
- Must have experience and understanding working with electrical schematics and building prints.
- Must consistently display situational awareness and take initiative to address customer issues as well as departmental inefficiencies with little supervision.
- Must have a sound understanding of antenna uplink and downlink performance metrics.
- Must have an advanced understanding of RF principles.
- Must have and consistently display good teamwork, organizational and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work comfortably with customers and co-workers.
- Must have a valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
- Drug screenings and background checks are part of the hiring process, which may include a Motor Vehicle Record check.
BearCom offers competitive compensation to all of its employees as well as comprehensive benefits which include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Paid-Time-Off, Holiday pay and much more.
BearCom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace free from discrimination and harassment. We seek to recruit and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other disability protected by law. All employment is decided based upon qualifications, merit and business need.