Scholastic Canada is the country's leading publisher and distributor of children's books in both official languages. For over 60 years, Scholastic Canada has introduced young people to the joy of reading.
We are looking for a Bilingual Sales Consultant. The Sales Consultant position is responsible to grow market share and revenue in a designated territory. Consultative and relationship selling techniques are essential to ensure growth within existing business accounts, as well as build rapport when prospecting for new. Availability to adjust working hours to accommodate flexible business demands is required between 7:30 a.m. and 6:00 pm. Monday to Friday (with an approximate 2 month layoff period in the summer).
STATUS: Short Year (Monday to Friday full time hours from September – June each year).
- Book and confirm all fairs, within a set timeframe, as per individual budgeted sales and revenue targets (seasonally).
- Use available reporting to determine and pursue opportunities for growth within their assigned territory, based on initiatives determined by the business.
- Adhere to established call process and associated timelines, working with Chairperson/volunteer groups to increase participation in the Book Fair.
- Maintain systems and database with current customer and account information and accurate sales / service records. (including CASL compliancy).
- Promote Webinars to all Chairpeople and school volunteers, increasing participation across all accounts.
- Engage in incentive opportunities designed to increase fair count or re-distribute fairs throughout a season.
- Effectively handle objections using defined processes and support materials.
- Actively participate in Coaching Program, with the intention of ongoing learning and skill development.
- Respond to customer requirements during course of the fair, including product and procedural information, pick-ups, and general information.
- Participate in the weekly sales meetings with Sales Manager and sales team, and other meetings as required.
- Maintain up-to-date Health & Safety detail and pertinent school records in Salesforce.
- Must attend and participate in the bi-annual sales conference.
- Other duties/special projects as requested.
- 1-3 years of inside sales experience.
- College or university degree preferred.
- The successful applicant must have an outgoing personality and the ability to work well with others on a team.
- The successful applicant must be intrinsically motivated and capable of working in a remote environment as required.
- Candidates require excellent verbal and written communication skills in both French and English (Bi-lingual) as well as strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills and a professional outlook.
- The ability to multitask in a fast paced work environment is required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office and working knowledge of Salesforce is required.
Scholastic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants for their interest in the position, however only those under consideration will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies please.
We embrace diversity in our people, products and ideas. We believe in: the worth and dignity of each individual, respect for the diverse groups in our multicultural society, the right of each individual to live in a wholesome environment, high moral and spiritual values, the democratic way of life with basic liberties and responsibilities for everyone, representative government and even-handed justice that maintains equality of rights for all people, cooperation and understanding among all people for the peace of the world, the basic freedoms of all individuals (we oppose discrimination of any kind on the basis of race, creed, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or national origin), and the fair discussion of all sides of the issues of our time (with deep respect for facts and logical thinking in our books, classroom magazines, and educational materials used in schools and homes).
Recruitment-related accommodations for disabilities are available to applicants who are selected for an interview. Please notify the interviewer in advance of any accommodations you require.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bonus pay
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Have you worked with a CRM system before? If yes, how many years?
- sales or call centre: 1 year (preferred)