Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to enable the world by bringing Data to Everything. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most significantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Are you passionate about technology innovation and working with new product ideas? Our Field Solutions team is a global organization which builds repeatable solutions for common use cases or recurring patterns. In this role you will work cross-functionally supporting Sales, Security Strategists, Sales Engineering, Customer Success, Partners, Marketing, Product Engineering, Product Management, among others. You will imagine new ideas and opportunities, deliver custom solutions with cutting edge technologies, and capitalize on market trends. You will operate as a leader, coach, mentor and supervisor, applying your subject matter expertise to leading a team of experts in creating solutions across the Splunk platform.
This player/coach role to lead a team in envisioning, building, and maintaining field solutions for Security and Public Sector use cases. These solutions will accelerate sales and adoption by creating leverage and scale for customers and partners. They will focus on the cybersecurity, fraud, compliance and Public Sector domains, and will include technology integrations with Enterprise Security (ES) Splunk’s analytics-driven SIEM, Splunk Security orchestration, automation and response (SOAR), Splunk Mission Control, leading Cloud Service Providers (CSP) and Managed Service Providers (MSP).
Leading this team will require oversight of delivering new field solutions, evangelism, technical enablement, working with Splunk customers, partners and prospects to discover, implement and refine solutions.
This role will be located in North America. At least 20% travel should be expected when it is safe to do so. You will direct the team in building solutions for use across all of Splunk’s customers and partners, globally.
We are looking for an individual who is outstanding at communication at the executive level (both written and oral), who excels at leading collaborative teams, and who is talented at working across organizational boundaries. Leading a dynamic team that is in regular motion and constantly innovating requires sharp business acumen, current knowledge of the security market, belief in data and measurement, and steady attention to aligning strategy and tactics.
Lead and develop a high-performance team delivering security solutions globally.
- Set the solutions strategy, define and publish the solutions roadmap and timelines.
- Build relationships with and collaborate actively with the Splunk Products organization for a unified and transparent approach.
- Design or participate in processes to operate the team effectively and efficiently. This includes business justification, technical scoping, ideas intake and feedback loops.
- Manage and guide members of the team as they work alongside Sales and Sales Engineering, customers and partners.
- Collect and shepherd feedback to the right channels to improve Splunk products over time.
- Track and measure metrics on business impact, team effectiveness and success.
- Engage in beta and early release software processes and ensure accurate feedback on product usage reaches Splunk Engineering.
- Help craft the direction of Splunk’s business through decisions on organic product roadmap or inorganic acquisition.
- Conduct regular 1:1’s to provide constructive feedback and skills development.
- Hold regular team meetings to provide team leadership/direction as well as allow input on issues affecting the team’s effectiveness.
- Support and deliver annual performance reviews using corporate methodology along with assisting team members with creating and executing professional development plans.
This role demands a genuine passion for solving customer problems and guiding team members to their best collective performance.
Twelve or more years of proven experience within the cybersecurity space and/or Public Sector space. Past experience as a practitioner with a track record of building/sharing knowledge and expertise in cybersecurity, modern SOC operations, SIEM, SOAR, or compliance is a bonus. Practical experience with major Cloud Service Providers is also a plus. Experience with the following are required: high growth mindset, Splunk, projects integrating disparate solutions, change management, leading teams during transformation. Additional skills to be successful in this role:
Previous related management experience leading diverse teams and challenging individual contributors to achieve their peak performance.
- Up-to-date understanding of current patterns and practices in the cybersecurity and/or Public Sector landscape.
- Familiarity with relevant technologies:
- modern SDLC methodologies (version control using git, CI/CD pipelines, application security standard methodologies).
- data analysis using statistical methods
- data visualization, UI layout, D3.js, HTML, CSS, XML, JSON
- cloud architecture and technologies.
- Ability to communicate concisely and/or effectively to audiences large and small.
- Ability to provide supervision remotely and across multiple time zones to drive projects from start to finish while meeting delivery deadlines and quality standards.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- MUST already be in location (we are not able to offer relocation or immigration/transfer for this specific role).
- Ability to travel 20% globally.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or similar course of study. Equivalent professional experience will be considered for highly-qualified candidates.
Qualified US Military veterans are encouraged to apply. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $165,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).