The Applications Engineer (AE) supports business development in the RF and Specialty Business Unit. The AE develops and maintains relations with customers by understanding problems and providing solutions via presentations, proposals, quotations, and samples. The AE Analyzes opportunities and makes recommendations to secure more business and develop new product roadmaps focusing on PCB board launch products and RF interconnect products. The AE works intimately with both inside and outside sales and plays a key role in CIT’s aggressive growth strategy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Quotations and Proposals
- Performs technical review of customer specifications
- Makes recommendations for product solutions, with all appropriate remarks and exceptions
- As appropriate, discusses solution recommendations with Outside Sales, Engineering, and customer in order to provide best solutions for customer
- Recommends pricing and margins based on overall knowledge of products, markets and customer needs
- Creates customer-facing configuration and specification drawings in support of proposals as needed
- If necessary, coordinates customer quotation or technical request with respective CIT (CarlisleIT) sales office and forwards request appropriately
- Assists customers and CIT representatives in determining the optimal CIT product solution to meet their requirements
- Interprets customer drawings, specifications, and workmanship standards in order to develop interconnect designs when requested by CIT customers
- Keeps informed of industry and market trends and requirements in order to provide input into new product innovations and anticipated customer demands
- Communicates design concerns, drawing errors, interpretation issues, and manufacturability enhancements to Outside Sales and customer technical contacts as necessary. Must be able to fully understand CIT’s production capabilities and data requirements and must be able to communicate professionally with all levels of inside and outside and customer personnel
- Provides support to CIT production engineers and process engineers once quotation becomes an order
- In support of Marketing, creates customer-facing specification drawings for use in advertisements, literature and websites
- Assesses cost impact of customer changes in order to develop cost estimates
- Provides Customer technical contacts with onsite technical support involving industry standards, specifications, design assistance, production capabilities, and material requirements
- Assists the Inside Sales team in providing any technical support to customers
- Performs other duties as required to meet the goals and objectives of the company
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is dedicated to identifying and reducing the environmental impact of its operations, activities, and products. It is our commitment to comply with all applicable laws and other regulatory requirements concerning the environment. We are committed to preventing pollution and continually improving our environmental performance in all of our global operations. This will be achieved through a comprehensive Environmental Management System that provides the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets of Carlisle Interconnect Technologies.
Occasionally up to 25% to customer sites and CIT manufacturing sites as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- B.S. in Electrical, Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering, or equivalent
- The ideal candidate will have experience in PCB board launch products and RF interconnect
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar position
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to be self-managed
- Strong customer focus and interaction – strong interpersonal relationship/customer skills
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal) with emphasis on active listening and technical documentation
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write technical protocols and reports
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from other employees, managers, or customers
- Broad engineering abilities and understanding of electrical, mechanical, and manufacturing/industrial engineering disciplines
- Wire, cable, and interconnect experience required; RF and Microwave experience highly beneficial
- Proficient with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and Solid-works or similar CAD package
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Wire, cable, and interconnect experience highly beneficial
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work is performed in a normal office environment or remote home office with minimal physical risks involved. The noise level at manufacturing sites is low to moderate.