Job DescriptionDavid Aplin Group, one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, has partnered with a very established and successful business. They are looking for a Technical Sales Representative who will work with clients to drive new and existing business. This is a newly created role that will complement the established and tenured inside sales team.
- To develop new business opportunities and build on relationships with current accounts.
- Provides timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Work closely with the group on sales forecasting and quote-related activities.
- Develop promotional material and put into place sales programs for clients.
- Specifies market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Maintain sales targets and orders (monthly, quarterly, yearly).
- Develop a business plan and sales strategy that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Provide weekly updates, scheduled meetings, and targeted client reports.
- Maintain a customer CRM and sales funnel.
- Demonstrate technical marketing skills and product knowledge of all business lines.
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute successfully.
- Travel across Canada to meet with clients and attend tradeshows *Limited during Covid-19 restrictions.
- Post-secondary in Mechanical Engineering or Business field preferred.
- When permitted due to Covid-19 restrictions – travel can be up to 25%.
- Minimum 3-7 years of sales experience selling into Manufacturers or Construction companies.
- Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees and stakeholders.
- Builds trust, values others communicates effectively, drives execution, fosters innovation, focuses on the customer, collaborates with others, solves problems creatively, and demonstrates high integrity.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of developing and maintaining marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Experience developing business relationships while attending tradeshows.
- Willingness to travel 25%.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Leanne Bonnar, Senior Consultant, Aplin Engineering & Technical. Visit our website at www.aplin.com to view our job opportunities, career tips, and tools. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian-owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, over four decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada - all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com.