At SkyWatch we believe that everyone on the planet should benefit from the thousands of satellites that orbit the earth. Every day, hundreds of trillions of pixels of our planet are captured from space. And with new applications for this data emerging, such as precision farming, construction planning, disaster relief operations, and retail revenue prediction (to name a few), the demand for satellite imagery is growing. However, the current process to obtain satellite imagery remains time-consuming, costly, and complex.
SkyWatch is a post-Series B, venture-backed space technology company in Waterloo, Canada, focused on the seamless and affordable distribution of satellite data to commercial markets, enabling businesses, applications, and solutions that were never before possible.
The market for Earth Observation satellite data and services is projected to represent a $56B cumulative revenue opportunity over the next 10 years, growing to $7.2B annually in 2028 (source: NSR). With more sensors and more data, the way we look at the world is changing and SkyWatch is at the forefront of creating the digital infrastructure to support this revolution.
Today, satellite imagery is expensive and difficult for customers to access and manage.SkyWatch addresses these challenges through a multi-product strategy focused on both the supply and demand sides of the ecosystem.
- EarthCache, an easy-to-use Application Programming Interface (“API”), allowing application developers and enterprises to programmatically integrate satellite imagery, from multiple imagery providers, into their software.
- TerraStream, a data infrastructure product that provides satellite operators with an integrated data storage, cataloging, ordering, processing and delivery solution, allowing them to serve customers faster, with less operational and financial risk.
Our technology is enabling agriculture customers to monitor crop health; energy customers to monitor oil pipelines and solar farms; and global banks to monitor infrastructure development, among hundreds of other unique use cases. All from space, with just a few lines of code.
About the Role:
After securing their $10M CAD Series-A round in January 2020, and a $21M CAD Series-B in June of 2021, SkyWatch is on the pathway to scale. As Head of Platform Partnerships, you will be responsible for building, evolving, and strengthening our TerraStream Certified Solutions Partner Program across the globe. You will engage with companies across the Earth observation supply chain providing services like ground stations, image processing, onboard processing, mission control software, and more. You will solidify product and business partnerships with these companies that result in the tight integration of their services and the TerraStream platform. For the Partners who have tightly integrated their services into the platform, you will ensure they receive continuous value through increased adoption of their products and services across our customer base.
You will report to the Head of Product to build the largest ecosystem of integrated Earth observation products and services.
- You’re knowledgeable of the commercial Earth observation ecosystem and the broader space technology landscape.
- You share SkyWatch’s vision for the future of Earth observation.
- You can communicate a compelling vision to stakeholders.
- You know the differences between a product partnership, a business partnership, and a customer relationship.
- You understand the economics of platforms.
- You are experienced in collaborating closely with Product teams and leading the communication integration of external partners.
- You can map the Earth observation market and can develop a strategy for positioning TerraStream front-and-centre amongst it.
- You can craft and present clear and compelling presentations.
- You can manage a pipeline of prospective partners along with a stable of existing partnerships.
- You can build strong, trusting, and long-lasting relationships with executives and decision makers in Earth observation.
- You understand our Partners technologies, how they would integrate into TerraStream, and how they add value to our TerraStream satellite operators.
- You can develop, negotiate and close complex partnership agreements.
- You can develop, maintain, and execute a program that ensures our Partners get maximum value out of working with us.
- You are analytical and make data-driven decisions.
Let’s face it, the best jobs boil down to a handful of things — getting the chance to work with amazing people in a great culture with a leader who has your back while pursuing a vision that you can get passionate about.
Our team consists of NASA award-winning developers, Earth observation scientists, big data and unicorn startup veterans who come from ten different countries. Our leadership team includes leading figures in Canadian Space, a planetary robotics graduate from the International Space University, and a petabyte-scale data leader with patents in location AI and contextual analytics. And we are just getting started!
Culture is the personality of a company. It is our company's shared beliefs, values, and practices. At SkyWatch, our culture is incredibly important to us, and we practice it every day. Both as a company and in our products we value simplicity, dependability, and empathy.
A FEW MORE THINGS TO KNOW
- We offer a competitive compensation package including salary, equity, comprehensive benefits for yourself and your family.
- We have flexible working hours and flexible remote working options.
- Our HQ is, in normal times, located in Uptown Waterloo, at the Communitech Data Hub surrounded by other awesome Startups focused on Data, AI, Machine Learning, and IoT. Currently, we operate on a remote-first model with all employees working from home until our situation improves.
- We “Hack the Sky” (our internal hackathon), teaming up with our peers for 36 hours to build something awesome that doesn’t pertain to our normal day-to-day work.
If you think you would fit this role then we encourage you to apply now!
SkyWatch is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace. Therefore we are happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation to participate in our hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.