Customer Success: Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
- Hire, on-board, develop, coach, mentor and evaluate Customer Success Account Managers. Set a clear bar for excellence. Build a high performing team that will be diverse and inclusive.
- Must possess exceptional cross-team collaboration and communication. Partner with all required Microsoft stakeholders in the subsidiary to drive CSAM role clarity, account coverage, project assignment and effective cross-team collaboration.
- Coach and enable your team to accelerate cross cloud workload projects to production, including technical readiness, blocker escalations and technical resource orchestration.
- Ensure your team delivers high quality production deployments that are resilient and successful.
- Drive operational excellence, including timely consumption opportunity management, high-quality reporting and insights, and delivery portfolio health.
- Embody our culture and values
- Managers deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
Customer Relationship Management
- Leads by example in creating and nurturing strategic relationships with key customer stakeholders, targeting the C-Suite (as appropriate), often as part of a steering committee, to ensure delivery value is on track and major issues are being anticipated, identified, and managed.
- Cultivates the image of their team, practice, and Microsoft as a valued business partner by aligning customer strategy with Microsoft's offerings and roadmap, as well as considering future industry needs, to agree on a long-term strategy (including for consumption) aligned to those objectives. Taking into account industry and customer insights, supports their team to lead with complex portfolio and program planning, engagement with executive sponsors, and prioritization of engagements to address strategic outcomes and drive customer success.
Opportunity and Pursuit Management
- Provides guidance and mentorship in leading a team in recommending innovative opportunities for growth to capture and communicate customer and industry insights to sellers. Partners with internal leadership teams (e.g., Account Technology Unit [ATU], Customer Success Unit [CSU], Specialist Team Unit [STU]) to identify, create, and strategize on growth opportunities for their Practice and Area growth goals. In partnership with Sales identifies and supports the development of new customer opportunities aligned with Microsoft strategic priorities.
Consumption and Delivery Execution
- Coaches their team on the adoption and consistent use of appropriate delivery-management methodologies, processes, and tools. Coaches their team on effective customer communication and understanding customer expectations. Ensures that customer opportunities, questions, and/or issues are brought to the appropriate internal teams and management/leadership stakeholders. Encourages others to develop and/or expand awareness of internal mechanisms to best address global customer and industry needs. Establishes accountabilities to drive customer outcomes with internal stakeholders through their area's Customer Success Account Managers (CSAMs).
- Supports their team in developing and executing skilling plans to build technical expertise (e.g., customer/industry knowledge, product skills) in alignment with business priorities. Leverages development opportunities (e.g., mentorships, role-based resources, training) and drives team technical capabilities by proactively providing development opportunities through coaching and mentorship to team members.
Customer Success Strategy
- Translates corporate and Customer Success strategy and regional and area direction into local action. Clarifies corporate and Customer Success strategies to build alignment with key stakeholder and customer strategies, and drive toward achieving practice goals. Leads trend identification and implementation across customer and functional teams and tailors practice planning and execution accordingly.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Business, or related field AND 6+ years solution delivery, practice management, customer-facing consulting, or portfolio management experience
- OR Master's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Business, or related field AND 4+ years solution delivery, practice management, customer-facing consulting, or portfolio management experience
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
Prior people management experience strongly preferred.
- Public sector experience highly desired.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Business, or related field AND 12+ years solution delivery, practice management, customer-facing consulting, or portfolio management experience
- OR Master's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Business, or related field AND 10+ years solution delivery, practice management, customer-facing consulting, or portfolio management experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- 5+ years relevant work experience within customer industry.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) or equivalent Project Management certification.
- Prosci or equivalent certification.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Account Management
- Business Acumen
- Business Analysis
- Business Knowledge
- Business Relationship Management
- Challenger Mindset
- Change Leadership Facilitation
- Change Management
- Consultative Selling
- Data Analysis
- Decision Making
- Delivery Excellence
- English Language Proficiency
- Executive Relationships
- Financial Analysis
- Influencing for Impact
- Microsoft Product Knowledge
- Microsoft Support
- Multi-Initiative Program Management
- Oral Communication
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Quality Assurance
- Team Facilitation
- Technical Communication
- Technical Sales
- Technology Impact Communication
- Technology Industry Knowledge
- Trusted Advisor
- Written Communication
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.