Position SummaryMaking the future is everyday life at Samsung. We’re seeking innovators who are called to not just change the world, but build a better one. We enable the best technology hardware on the planet, but our best is always a prototype for something better and our people thrive with a driven mindset – better builds on better. We believe that innovation and growth are driven by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. We aim to create a global team where everyone belongs and has equal opportunities, inspiring our talent to be their true selves.
Together, we are building a better tomorrow for our customers, partners and communities.
At Samsung Electronics America, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people – they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. Only the resilient and resourceful thrive in the daily dose of unexpected at Samsung. We unapologetically push to achieve unforeseen potential in everything we do, both within the workplace and at home. We fearlessly face challenges head-on, conquer the unconquerable, and are comfortable living in the uncomfortable zone.
If you have ambitions to be a part of building a Best in Class organization, the Samsung Mobile B2B Group is the place to be. Samsung Mobile B2B offers a combination of enterprise offerings across our mobile product portfolio. We continue to grow our Enterprise mobile portfolio by providing the most innovative offerings in the market, and our dedication to Market Disruption makes this the destination company for the world’s top talent. The dynamic culture at Samsung offers both great challenge and great reward. If you have a strong desire to break down barriers, be creative, and drive transformational value in the market place this is the place to be.
Samsung Mobile B2B Business delivers a combination of enterprise offerings across our product portfolio. We continue to expand our Enterprise Portfolio by providing the most innovative offerings in the market, and our dedication to Market Disruption makes this the destination company for the world’s top talent.
The Business Development Role will focus on ‘hunting’ (net) new business, and ensure an excellent client experience. The role will be key in the development of selling near-term and long-term solution and GTM strategies, execution of marketing approaches and collaboration on product and technical roadmaps through VOC fact/requirements, insights and plans.
Role and Responsibilities
- Secure new mobile sales revenue and grow market share within SEA’s Mobile B2B Finance Business Unit.
- Identify and qualify business opportunities, and position Samsung for pursuit.
- Set strategy in tight coordination with Mobile B2B Sales leaders, key account managers, product, management/marketing, and engineering managers
- Become industry expert w/ deep understanding of Finance Market and partner eco-system and can clearly articulate the value that Samsung brings to enterprise customers and technology partners.
- Maintain strong business relationships with key decision makers across Samsung’s Mobile B2B and US Finance Market
Specific responsibilities include :
- Researching and providing key insights on Finance market and customer issues, trends and competitive analysis to inform Sales Team.
- Identifying, qualifying, tracking and reporting on net new business opportunities to grow pipeline leading to market share and revenue growth in the Finance business unit.
- Leading “Big Deals” (>$5M) with Key Account Managers (and extended teams), and or partner sales team. Pursue opportunities requiring mid- / longer-term sales cycles and multiple GTM solutions across Samsung stakeholders.
- Building, maturing and executing comprehensive account plans that deliver desired customer awareness and awards.
- Developing, managing and growing strong customer relationships to identify customer objectives, priorities, and requirements that strategically position Samsung as an innovative industry leader
- Leading development of win strategies, customer value propositions and value delivery systems with technology and services partners and Key Account Managers
- Documenting customer’s buying journey to inform GTM strategies.
- Develops and maintains industry relationship with large and small business technology and services partners; drive effective teaming to increase probability of win (pWin)
- Obtain market intelligence, competitive data, and customer buying patterns to formulate Position to Win targets
- Closely collaborate with Product Management and Strategic Alliance teams to develop differentiating capabilities and provide counsel and recommendations for integrated and new solutions, bid/no bid gate reviews and potential M&A targets.
- Partnering with Marketing and Channel Management Teams to drive thought leadership in market.
- MBA degree highly preferred; Bachelors Science, or Business required.
- 20+ years of business development experience and/or sales in mobile or end point computing technologies serving the financial industry (banking/insurance)
- 15+ years of financial, consulting and/or accounting experience required.
- Strong organizational skills and proactive problem solving Advanced Excel Skills w/ ability to perform
- Financial Modeling and proficiency in PowerPoint
Necessary Skills & Attributes:
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all assigned levels within and outside the company.
- Plan, organize, and prioritize multiple assignments and projects.
- Review detailed product development, marketing documents and media materials as needed.
- Demonstrated competency in both oral and written communication modes for both internal and external personnel at various levels.
- Work independently and in a team environment in order to achieve customer business objectives, personal and team goals and complete assignments within established time frames and specifications.
- The ability to develop tasks and work assignments, based on sometime vaguely defined objectives.
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions:
- The position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
- Work is generally performed in an office environment.
- Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time.
- The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time under 25 pounds.
- Performs work under time schedules and stresses which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive job stress, fatigue, unpaid over-time, intellectual challenge, constant technical data feedback, language barriers, and business management stress.
- Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids representative and commonly associated with PCs, printers, and office work areas.
- Frequently works additional hours beyond normal schedule.
- Under very little direct supervision with a high level of responsibility to apply general policies and guidelines where decisions are seldom monitored and consequences of decisions adversely affect operating results and management decisions. Complete access to confidential company data where disclosure may jeopardize the company’s competitive position.
Skills and Qualifications
- Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.