We’re looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
- Work with the business to define billing and service level measurements for new business partners and align to SLA/billing product roadmaps.
- Decompose customer contracts into a clear set of billing rules to be implemented by our billing system development team.
- Define data formats and interface control documentation as necessary to enable transfer of data into and out of the billing system
- Interact with the development team(s) as needed to ensure requirements are understood and being met, and to answer technical questions and remove roadblocks.
- Ensure monthly billing runs execute as required and assist in trouble-shooting data issues as they arise
- Look for opportunities to further automate and streamline billing processes to keep pace with our rapidly growing business area.
- Update documentation of the existing system as needed to ensure it is kept up to date
- 5+ years experience as a technical BSA within a cross functional engineering organization
- Experience in decomposition of complex contractual language into clear and accurate business requirements, especially as related to product pricing and billing rules
- Proven BSA experience in the design and development of automated billing and reporting systems
- Ability to influence engineering teams to help meet business needs through technical guidance
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to drive interaction with product managers, customers, and developers
- Write both technical-facing and business-facing documentation that is clear, concise, and speaks to a wide audience
- Bachelor's of Science Degree in EE, CS or related technical field
- Up to 10% Travel
- Technical and software engineering background in the areas of business systems, data analytics, reporting and billing systems
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Familiarity and experience working within a scaled agile software development organization that practices Scrum
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, genetics, age, or veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic.