Pacific Blue Cross has been British Columbia's leading benefits provider for 80 years. We are an independent, not-for-profit society with strong roots in BC’s health care system. Together with our subsidiary BC Life, we provide health, dental, life, disability and travel coverage to 1 in 3 British Columbians through employee group plans and individual plans.
We are fueled by a commitment to keep health care sustainable for all British Columbians. Through our Pacific Blue Cross Health Foundation, we also provide funding to community organizations with a focus on alleviating mental illness and chronic disease. We're interested in finding people who want to make a difference and who will take advantage of every opportunity to build a career with us.
Pacific Blue Cross offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, fitness programs, and an onsite gym and cafeteria. Our workplace culture values health and wellness, continuing education, environmental sustainability and giving back to the community.
If you are committed to improving the health and well-being of British Columbians, we are currently recruiting for three (3) permanent Account Managers to join our Individual Plans team. The role will be training in our Burnaby office for the first three weeks and then with the ability to work from home or our head office in Burnaby, BC.
Under the broad direction of the Senior Manager, Individual Plans, the Account Manager performs a variety of duties relating to the active acquisition of new Individual Personal Health and Insurance Accounts via the telephone. Develops new business by prospecting database leads and retains existing book of business through outbound communication and retention campaigns.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prospects new business through outbound business to consumer telephone sales inquiries relating to the acquisition and renewal of customers
- Conducts Sales and Service calls representing Pacific Blue Cross’ Individual Plans to Clients, Sponsors and the public through lead generation at conferences, tradeshows and seminars
- Provides assistance to the Individual Plans Director and Manager by acting as point of contact and resource for sales campaigns and outbound initiatives
- Follows up telephone sales in order to close new IP applications with pre-existing conditions
- Supports and accounts to IP mission and objectives for membership growth
- Facilitates sales process (approvals, escalations, backlog management)
- Assists in development and implementation of call center sales scripting and prospecting procedures
- Identifies customer dissatisfaction issues, solves or escalates complaints, identifies need for preventative action via outbound contact
- Provides post sale communication to customers to increase retention levels
- Data mines existing membership base to cross-market and up-sell value-added products
- Assists in developing and implementing customer market mining
- Re-acquisition follow-up calls to cancelled Individual Plans and Group members
- Maintains lead and sales records by entering all prospective new customer contact information and need profile into a computerized database
- Assists in coordinating proposals, products and service delivery for defined prospects
- Assists in direct marketing campaigns to generate prospect leads
- Assists CRM/Business Analyst with tracking prospects to sales data compilation and reporting
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in sales account management in a pre-sales and post-sales environment
- Current Life Insurance License (LLQP) valid in British Columbia with ability to sell individual life, disability and Critical Illness insurance policies in British Columbia
- A level of knowledge equivalent to post-secondary education plus specialized training courses including over two years of related Sales and Marketing courses or equivalent related experience
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Persuasive sales ability, autonomy and initiative
- Ability to assess and understand customer needs and provide solutions
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet and customer lead data base management software
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn insurance products
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time