WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Develops sales management and relationship development strategies to promote the revenue growth and profitability of assigned office while maintaining credit quality. Manages the ongoing sales process, including new client sales, referrals, cross sales and retention efforts of the Specialty Banking Relationship Managers. Develops business opportunities by being active in the community and maintaining positive relationships within the Bank. Creates and maintains effective relationships with Division team, ensuring that lines of communication remain open and clients are serviced at a consistently high level.
Specialty Banking Division
As a member of the Specialty Banking group, you will help to bring extensive industry knowledge to commercial clients in specialized segments and deliver an unmatched level of service. Specialty Banking is comprised of several teams of experienced bankers with niche market knowledge and niche financial proficiency, promoting solutions rather than products.
Sales Management Process
- Develops the sources and relationships to establish the Renewable Energy Project Finance office. Establishes individual sales goals and objectives and creates an environment that is suitable to develop profitable relationships and achieve high levels of performance.
- Ensures that relationship development plans are created, implemented, and monitored for each client or prospect. Conducts progress meetings to review results to goal and provides alternative strategies to ensure individual goals are met.
- Manages the ongoing measurement, tracking, and reporting of activities and performance metrics.
- Implements client strategies for both new and existing clients.
- Regularly accompanies Specialty Banking Relationship Managers on key client visits and assists them with closing deals.
- Conducts an annual review of all client relationships to ensure that clients are properly assigned.
- Monitors relationships to ensure that cross-sell activities and retention efforts are maximized and that client satisfaction is maintained.
- Staff Management
- Hires, terminates, develops, coaches, and motivates team members; identifies staff development needs and provides educational/training opportunities.
- Maintains appropriate staffing ratios and manages resources to optimize client support and unit profitability.
- Credit Quality and Compliance
- Involved with the development of credit policy for the Sustainable Energy Project Finance office. Must be able to determine and establish the appropriate policies and procedures related to the office’s type of lending. Interfaces with Credit Administration and Credit Manager to ensure credit quality and compliance strategies are implemented and the process is efficient and effective.
- Ensures accurate and timely risk identification.
- Monitors the loan and credit process. Reviews all final credit structure and recommendations before hand off to Credit Administration.
- Works with Credit Manager and Relationship Manager to approve credit transactions that meet client needs and ensures consistency with the credit quality standards and operational compliance requirements of the Bank.
- Responsible and accountable for appropriate quality controls related to the financial products the bank provides, the services the bank delivers, the processes employed and the incentives with which colleagues are awarded.
- All City National products, financial solutions and services are to be provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National’s PRIDE statement.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 10 – 15 years of banking experience required.
- Minimum 5 – 10 years lending in the sustainable energy and renewable, clean power sectors (electric, solar, wind, etc.)
- Minimum 5 – 10 years of management experience required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated sales and relationship management ability.
- Excellent understanding of all bank products and services applicable to target client segment.
- Excellent knowledge of commercial credit policies/procedures and risk management techniques.
- Excellent skills of motivating staff and assisting in the creation and achievement of individual and team goals.
- Willingness and ability to communicate with staff so that everyone feels informed at all times. Perception as a trusted advisor by both the staff and the client.
- Strong strategic skills that will assist the staff in creating strategies for each client.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external clients and Bank colleagues to achieve results.
To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled