At TKS, we believe we can help Insurance companies protect more families by empowering them with leading digital tools. As we embark on our mission to become the Shopify of the insurance industry, we have prioritized building a high caliber team of professionals who care for the cause, their team, and themselves. We have been providing services and solutions to the insurance and financial services industry since 2007. Based in Moncton, NB, we have team members located coast to coast who are ready to welcome you.
Members of the TKS team are cut from a different cloth. We are a team of high performers who care about the work we produce and the people we choose to work with. Our team is built on diversity of skills, mindset, and perspective. Being a result driven team, we avoid “group think” and encourage every team member to use their voice. We welcome healthy conflict because the foundation of our team is built on mutual trust and respect.
Are you a Business Analyst who feels like you do more than your role definition, without getting the recognition or title for it? Do you feel like you help with Project Management, trouble shooting and testing, team alignment, conflict resolution, delivery and customer expectations on top of your regular duties? This is the opportunity you have been looking for!
We are looking for a resourceful professional who is passionate about digital products and user advocacy, who is adaptable and solution oriented. You will compliment our team in acting as the “jack-of-all-trades” a product professional knows to be. As a Product Owner, you will work closely with the Head of Product to deliver industry leading software solutions. You will also work closely with the designer, the delivery team and directly with customers on specific projects. The perfect candidate’s attitude and values will resonate with the TKS Core Values and Team Culture. This position can be virtual, within Canada.
Your time will be spent between serving our existing customers projects and building our own digital products to serve the insurance industry. TKS is embarking in a pivotal growth year and will require someone who excels under pressure with tight deadlines and shifting priorities.
We need a team player who is adaptable and solution oriented. The ideal candidate will work closely with the Head of Product to deliver industry leading software solutions. You will also work closely with the designer, the delivery team and directly with customers on specific projects while managing reasonable delivery expectations with each party, which will require a positive attitude and flexible mindset.
· Planning sprints and assisting with the sprint grooming sessions and project scrums
· Working closely with the Head of Product, designer and development teams.
· For assigned customers, projects and /or products, the generation of business solutions, implementation and all supporting project artifacts and documentation.
· Maintaining ongoing contact with project team / program area to ensure that client needs are being addressed through timely delivery of results in the form of services and/or information systems.
· Maintaining open lines of communication between user/client groups and project teams.
· Interacting closely with other team members, including other stakeholder organizations, to ensure successful delivery according to the project charter and schedule.
· Working with assigned project teams and provides leadership to other staff in the execution of software development projects.
· As required, developing and overseeing user experience (UX) and quality assurance (QA) strategies and protocols for user acceptance and implementation of new and enhanced systems/applications.
· Working closely with project team(s) and project stakeholders to ensure project deliverables and projects remain on track and are delivered on time.
· Effectively working with multiple organizations (clients, 3rd parties, or competitors) to deliver project objectives as required and when needed.
· Recommending the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
· Having technical skills and knowledge to develop practical and cost-effective solutions to unanticipated situations.
· Having the ability to take ownership of sink-or-swim moments and transforming ambiguous situations into clarity.
· Assisting in the development of customer and stakeholder personas and Customer Journey Maps, inclusive of empathy and emotional understanding throughout the journey.
· Assessing product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
· Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Developing and demonstrating a thorough understanding of TKS or Client development standards and methodologies, tools and techniques, and its underlying quality assurance principles and processes.
· Contributing to business and development policy evolution and refinement and business and process re-engineering as required.
· Independently adapting, interpreting and applying written guidelines, precedents and standardized work practices.
· Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, organizations and the public.
· Having the ability to clearly express ideas and facts, verbally or in writing.
· Bilingualism is essential.
· Taking part in business development and sales lead generation when requested.
· Being a TKS ambassador within the IT and business community.
· Reviewing and/or prepare system Documents, Designs and Specifications as required.
· Assisting in, or creating, estimates for software development, software testing, and any other assigned project deliverables.
· Managing and growing new business relationships with clients and potential clients.
· Performing other related duties as assigned or requested.
5 Attributes of a Successful TKS Team Member:
1) Fall in love with the problem, not the solution
2) Show up like you give a sh*t
3) Have a wellness mindset
4) Be nice
5) Be accountable
· College diploma or university degree in information technology, management or equivalent will be considered an asset.
· 2+ years experience as a Business Analyst or Product role, or role with similar responsibilities, which include requirements gathering and writing, working with stakeholders and clients to understand the problems that need solving, critical thinking to provide out of the box solutions.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent