About the Team
Our mission on the Work Post Sale Team is to retain and grow the corporate customers who use the services and products offered by the DoorDash for Work business, while building a best in class customer experience. The Enterprise Account Management team sits within the Post Sale organization and is focussed on executing on this mission via the management of our Enterprise level customers. The team's mission is underscored by the DoorDash value of customer obsessed not competitor focused to ensure our customers’ enduring satisfaction with our products and service.
Enterprise Account Management within the Work business is a fantastic stomping ground for individuals who are seasoned experts in the world of customer relationship management. It is a team of builders, strategic thinkers, collaborators, and those with a proven bias for action. As a member of this team you will be able to hone your craft, and play a key role in building the foundation of the Work business for many years to come.
About the Role
As the Senior Manager for Enterprise Account Management on the DoorDash for Work team, you will be responsible for managing and driving the success of a team of individual contributors whose core responsibilities focus on the retention and growth of our Enterprise customer base. It is a multi-faceted role in that it requires you to be a strong people leader with a proven ability to direct your team's efforts to drive key business metrics, while also taking a people first approach to develop and mentor both individual contributors and manager level team members across the Post Sale org.
The role operates with a high level of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment that has to deal with a lot of change as the Work business evolves with each new iteration of this growing business. The role is responsible for annual and quarterly planning cycles for the team, defining the short, mid, and long term vision for the Enterprise Account Management operation, and operationalizing the different processes via playbooks, SOP’s, etc, to ensure accountability and rigor within your org.
This is a highly visible role that requires comfort in reporting to senior leadership on key business objectives, account insights, and outlining requirements/needs to achieve these. Clear and concise communication is critical as you partner with cross-functional leaders across DoorDash to ensure the success of both this team and the greater DoorDash business.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead – Manage a team of highly skilled individual contributors that work to retain and grow Enterprise customers, while taking a people first approach to support development opportunities for members of the team.
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Customer Success, Sales, Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Analytics teams to improve the customer experience and achieve revenue targets.
- Strategize – Work with senior leadership across the Work Sales org to devise and execute on the overall strategy for retaining and growing our Enterprise customer base.
- Diversity, Equality & Inclusion - Contribute to a culture that is committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive and diverse team environment.
- Analyze – Develop and speak to models that evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of various retention and growth initiatives programs and experiments.
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to run tests on everything from new retention initiatives, to land and expand initiatives that allow us to more effectively up-sell and cross-sell into our largest accounts.
- Natural leader – You pride yourself on your ability to lead and motivate a team. Coaching others and seeing them achieve their goals gives you energy.
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions. You can manage a geographically distributed team and remotely liaise with central functions.
- Problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans. You enjoy solving problems through collaboration with others.
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company
- Naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve
- 8+ years of experience in account management / strategy / business development / sales / or related experience
- 4+ years management experience owning both individual and shared goals
- Experience in a client facing / account management role
- High EQ and natural interpersonal skills. A connector and expert communicator
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, working cross-functionally to achieve goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Strong project management skills and ability to run multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with small and medium businesses and/or tech preferred
- High-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.