At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
ICBC has an exciting opportunity to join our Information Management team as a Big Data Solutions Architect. This is an amazing opportunity to drive our overall Big Data solution architecture and play a key role in leading and visioning our roadmap.
Your key focus and deliverables:
- Leading or participating in initial architecture envisioning effort during inception of larger initiatives
- Providing strategic technology leadership on data governance, reporting/analytic solutions and cloud technologies.
- Accountable for ensuring the solution architecture for Information Management delivery is maintained, is cost effective and evolves to meet changing business needs
- Collaborate with IS application teams and business stakeholders on the solution analysis recommendation and planning for business intelligence/analytics solutions
- Develop and document architecture decisions within the department
- Support technology simplification, ensuring decommissioning activities are completed
- Make recommendations to the organization on technology implementation
You are an insatiable learner whose knowledge of best practices, emerging trends and changes in the Information Management domain will play a key part in your success in this role.
The work requires:
- A sound understanding of the underlying theoretical principles and concepts associated with business intelligence and analytics.
- Experience with distributed management and analytics in cloud and hybrid environments. Also an understanding of a variety of data access and analytic approaches (for example, microservices and event-based architectures).
- Experience implementing data ecosystems with high data volume, high throughput, and various content structures.
- Applied experience in big data components such as Hive, Scala, Python, NoSQL, Scoop, Flume, Kafka.
- Knowledge of Big Data trends in the industry.
- Knowledge of business procedures from one or more business areas such as Claims, Insurance, Finance and Driver Licensing are considered an asset.
Only candidates legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered for this position.
Reference ID: 114593
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- 8 hour shift