The service desk analyst I role is the front-line support for all end users.
They will provide end user support, maintenance, installation, and training.
This role is also responsible for coordination of incidents that require escalation to another team, within the company, third parties, and seeing these incidents through to completion.
They will work directly with management to remediate issues and strive to provide the customer with a positive Service Desk experience.
- Provide first contact support of incoming requests to the service desk via telephone and Service-Now to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end-user issues.
- Provide guidance and training on the use of Burns & Wilcox applications.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level when remote tools are not appropriate, including hardware repairs, delivery of peripherals, or other fixes as determined.
- Contribute to technician and user knowledgebase and training as needed.
- Adjust ticket and phone queue availability based on current workload and/or projects.
- Record, track, and document the incident solving processes.
- Document processes and procedures for non-incidents such as shipping of equipment.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Alert management to emerging trends in incidents.
- Deploy pre-packaged software using distribution tools and processes as requested by end users.
- Deploy hardware to on-site and remote users.
- Research solutions through internal and external knowledge bases as needed.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Provide insight and recommendations on processes and procedures for improvement.
Learn and understand the department’s technology, projects and applications.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, business administration, or equivalent work experience.
- 1+ yr experience in Information Technology and business/industry.
Strong expertise in the following skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication abilities
- Ability to set priorities and see work through to completion in a timely manner
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Self-motivated and ability to demonstrate self-initiative
- Experience using and troubleshooting operating systems such as but not limited to Windows 10/7 and Windows 2012 R2
- Preferred Knowledge of Active Directory Account Management
- Preferred Knowledge of Citrix Receiver and VDI
- Comfortable installing and troubleshooting physical computer hardware components
- Comfortable installing and troubleshooting local and network printers
- Familiarity with use and troubleshooting of Microsoft office and O365
- Familiarity with video conferencing applications such as Webex Meeting, GoToMeeting, Microsoft Teams
- Experience with a ticketing platform such as Service-Now
- Experience imaging computer devices through a system such as SCCM
- Knowledge of file systems and file level permissions
- Ability to manage tasks and frequent interruptions
- Ability to lift 30-50lbs without assistance
- Willingness to work nights, weekends, participate in on call activities outside of normal business hours
- Willingness to take on special projects outside of scope of responsibility
- IT leadership team: CIO, Directors
- IT management and staff: managers, supervisors, individual contributors
- Business unit executives and staff
- Other business function staff (e.g. finance, HR, compliance, legal, etc.)
- Outside vendors
Equal Opportunity Employer