Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
We don’t just sell things. We offer solutions to tomorrow’s challenges.
Our sales approach begins by identifying customer demands before they become challenges. We’re committed to delivering customer success through our comprehensive expertise in software and technology.
Honeywell is looking for a professional, self-starter to join us as a Senior Account Executive to redefine what public institutions such as schools, hospitals, and municipalities will achieve! We have been focused on energy efficiency for over 100 years with innovative building technologies that have revolutionized the world’s infrastructure. Today we are re-imagining the future once again and are looking for innovators with vision, tenacity, and focus to achieve these goals.
This Senior Account Executive position is located in the Ontario area and is responsible for generating sales of comprehensive energy solutions, including facilities infrastructure modernization in the local government market sector. Our teams sell at a decision-maker level and present a value-based solution using a consultative sales approach in a multi-level decision-making environment. You will be armed with innovative, outcome-based solutions to create flexible ecosystems focused on customer needs. This position will also enable you to grow as a professional with future upward mobility opportunities available throughout the Honeywell organization.
- Develop, own and execute a sales growth plan through multiple markets across the geography
- Use a Solution Sales process methodology to qualify & disqualify complex sales opportunities for consistent, robust results
- Establish yourself as a trusted advisor to executive-level decision-makers on outcome-based solutions to drive success in addressing key needs to support their mission
- Utilizing consultative selling techniques to identify customer challenges and needs with respect to financial, sustainability, regulatory, resiliency, and technology goals
- Articulate the benefits of infrastructure modernization and/or energy-related approaches to drive critical savings and optimization across a customer organization
- Use of a disciplined sales and market development process that relies heavily on financial drivers
- Working knowledge of the emerging energy market and current public sector market drivers (i.e. energy resilience, physical security, alternative financing, and cybersecurity)
- Lead cross-functional team members through a multi-level organization to develop comprehensive solutions to generate overall cost savings and improved processes for customers
- Maintaining ongoing customer relationships using account management principles to ensure customer satisfaction and develop future opportunities
- After identifying specific program opportunities, develop and identify key stakeholders and decision-makers to move the opportunity through the public agency procurement process
- Anticipates 50% travel locally by car and/or air to accommodate customer and internal team meetings
YOU MUST HAVE
- Post-secondary education
- 5+ years of complex sales and /or business development experience in one or more of the following vertical markets: government, healthcare, K12 schools, or higher education
- Bachelor’s Degree valued
- Experience selling data supported, outcome-based solutions to municipalities, public and/or private universities, K-12 school districts, and government agencies at the C-suite level
- Consultative sales experience across a multi-state territory
- A proven ability to build an internal and external partnership ecosystem for customer acquisition to develop a robust and sustainable opportunity funnel
- Prior success leading large scale, multi-phase energy or technology programs
- Team leadership and interpersonal skills
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
- JOB ID: req297227
- Category: Sales
- Location: 85 Enterprise Blvd., Suite 100,Markham,Ontario,L6G 0B5,Canada