At Uvaro, when we talk about “tech sales jobs”, what we usually mean is business-to-business (B2B) software-as-a-service (SaaS) sales.
This means that we’re talking about selling high-value subscriptions to companies for websites and apps that help to manage their work. There are thousands of B2B SaaS companies out there, from tiny startups to some of the biggest companies in the world.
And there’s a good chance you’ve used their technology before, maybe without even realizing it!
Examples Of Tech In Your Everyday Life
- You’ve probably applied for at least one job online. The form you filled out was likely backed by an Applicant Tracking System created by a company like Workday, Jobvite, or Oracle.
- You’ve probably also made an online purchase directly from a company’s website. Making that happen requires an eCommerce tool like Shopify, a payment processor like Stripe, a customer record system like Salesforce, and a lot of data management tools, like Segment and AirTable.
- You’ve definitely received a newsletter or email notification from a business. Those emails are sent by contact management tools like Braze, design tools like Stensul, delivery networks like Sendgrid, or marketing automation tools like Hubspot and Marketo.
- With so many people working from home, you may be hearing more about tools like Slack, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Jira, Box, or LastPass. These are all B2B SaaS products from companies with hundreds or thousands of salespeople.
- What about the back-end tools that power the internet and the economy? The important little things that you might never even think about? Vimeo, Vidyard, Unbounce, Acquisio, CircleCI, Bugcrowd, Grammarly, Datadog, Blend, Benchling, Plaid, Spot, Sentry, Miro. The list never ends.
Growing B2B SaaS companies like these need help selling their products.
But convincing a business to invest thousands or even millions of dollars every year for technology isn’t easy. Because of that, B2B SaaS companies usually expect you to have several years of B2B SaaS sales experience before they’re willing to hire you.
It’s a classic conundrum:
You can’t get hired if you don’t have experience, and you can’t get experience if you can’t get hired.
But Uvaro can help!
Uvaro teaches the tools and strategies that businesses expect you to know before you get hired. Our employer partners and companies like them recognize that the knowledge and skills you gain through our coursework can be equivalent to years of on-the-job experience that tech sales jobs look for.
Common B2B SaaS sales jobs you could become eligible for
- Business Development Representative — Through company research, email formulas, and interactions with a range of people across a business, you assess the need for a product, build interest, and convince executives to start an evaluation.
BDRs typically earn a base salary of $35,000–$60,000 per year, and are often eligible for bonuses and commissions on top of that of $15,000–$50,000 per year.
- Account Executive — You hold the keys to the kingdom. By arranging demonstrations, understanding purchasing processes, negotiating contracts, and just the right amount of shmoozing, you “get the signature” that closes a deal.
AEs usually earn a base salary of $40,000–$70,000 per year, and with commissions can earn $80,000 to $140,000 per year or more.
- Account Manager — It’s all about relationships, upsells, and renewals. When a client is paying big money to use your technology, someone needs to make sure they’re happy, make sure they’re using it, and find opportunities to increase their commitment.
Account Manager salaries are usually between $40,000 and $80,000 per year, with bonus commissions of $20,000 to $40,000 on top of that.
- Sales Manager — If you’re a good salesperson, professional, and good with people, within a few years you can aim for a management position. Sales Managers usually run a team of 4–6 reps, help them understand their processes, and step in at the right times. Managers report to Directors, Directors report to Vice Presidents, and so on.
Sometimes Sales Managers take lower pay for the stability and respect, but if your team is producing well, a generous six-figure income should be expected.
Even with the current global shutdown, there are thousands of online job opportunities out there in B2B SaaS sales. Through our employment partners and career support network, our commitment is to get you hired in a great job with good pay, at an exciting company you can be proud to work for.
Together, let’s secure your future in one of these tech sales jobs!