When you begin any career, you’ll definitely be looking at your financial future. Which industries present you with the greatest financial rewards and the best future for you & your family? Having a career that can provide you with financial freedom is important, so what options do you have?
Let’s face it, there are so many things to consider before you begin a career.
- Are you passionate about your chosen field?
- Does the industry present you with excellent opportunities?
- Do you have the right qualifications for the industry?
- Does the industry inspire you?
These are just some of the important questions you might ask yourself, however, the potential financial rewards are always high on the agenda. Did you know that a sales career is one of the most financially abundant? Here are some statistics for you!
- OTE (on-target earnings) for an Account Executive is $115,000
- The average salary of tech sales professionals is $103,900, which is three times higher than the average U.S. salary!
- The average base salary for a SaaS Account Executive is $78,898
SaaS sales — and tech sales in general — is a lucrative career that offers employees an excellent path to financial freedom. But, in this article, we’re going to give you some tips to plan for your financial future.
Building Financial Freedom Starts Now
1 – Understand what you’re saving for
Saving requires sacrifice and many people struggle to save because they can’t define their saving goals. Moreover, when the weekend comes around and your friends are inviting you on a big night out, it’s challenging to say no when you haven’t got a clear reason why.
Author of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Steven Covey has stated before that you should, “begin with an end in mind.” It’s far easier to reach your end goal when you can clearly define it. Therefore, you should write down your savings goals on paper. Another great tip is to set smaller goals along the way. And a popular way to do that is through the SMART method:
- Specific – Make your financial saving goals narrow and effective
- Measurable – Keep on top of goals through successful measuring
- Attainable – Set yourself a specific time frame for achieving your financial goals
- Relevant – Make sure your financial saving goals are relevant to your long-term goals
- Time-based – Set a target end date of when you will definitely achieve your goal
People of various professions — including actors, athletes, and musicians — use the SMART method to achieve their careers goals. So it is safe to say that you too, can use it for your financial planning. However, you’ll need to know what you’re saving for.
2 – Learn about the financial world
Having a high-paid career in sales is an excellent way to begin planning for your financial future, but understanding the financial world is a must. Financial management and investing are lifelong pursuits. Making the right financial decisions is paramount when you start out. Along with starting a financially lucrative career like sales, you should learn the following:
- Real estate investing
- Stocks and shares
- The Cryptocurrency market and potential ROI in these areas
- The best 401k and what are retirement funds?
Here are some other useful tips on navigating the financial world:
- Learn about investment accounts and decide how much money you’ll need to put away each month
- How you can build your credit score up
- Avoid getting into debt that you can’t repay
- Saving at least 20 percent of your weekly income
Learning about the financial world doesn’t happen overnight. In fact, it could take months, if not years. Yet it’s very important! When you’re delivering record sales, you should invest as much of your commission as possible. Do your own research before making a rational decision about where you should invest your money.
3 – Learn about the top 10% typical income in your profession
Some careers pay better than other careers, and that’s just a fact of life. That said, you should gauge how much the top earners in your field make. Of course, most people know the typical high-earning careers, such as investment bankers, accountants, lawyers, management consultants, and top medical professions.
A tech sales career is one of the best careers if you’re looking to build an excellent future. Remember, if you’re superb at selling products, your earnings are nearly unlimited. Most sales jobs offer lucrative commission structures. You can earn up to seven figures with the biggest companies. Some of the highest paying sales pay $185,000 yearly or more. Here are some other impressive salaries in the sales industry.
- Sales Engineer: $68,000 to $185,000
- SaaS Sales: $49,000 to $135,000
- Consulting Sales: $120,000 to $125,000
- Digital Media Sales: $170,000 to $180,000
These are just some examples of the high-paid jobs available in the sales industry. Nonetheless, did you know that the technology industry is the world’s fastest-growing? And tech sales continually offers fresh graduates excellent base salaries, lucrative commission structures, and exponential career growth.
4 – How can you put yourself in the best position to succeed?
In this article, we’ve already given you a few crucial tips on how to succeed financially. These include learning about the financial world and setting yourself clear goals. But, there are so more reasons we’re going to share with you:
- Build a budget
- Have a plan in place for emergencies
- Pay off your debts ASAP
- Prepare for your retirement now
- Find a bank account with the greatest interest rates
- Work hard and never give up
- Be disciplined with your money and buy things you need, rather than things you want
If you follow these principles and educate yourself on the financial world, investments, and savings plans. You’ll soon build your path to financial freedom at a young age.
Start a financially supportive career
Building wealth and planning for your financial future can be overwhelming, and that’s completely normal. Of course, you want a career that’s going to provide you with the most incredible standard of living for you and your loved ones.
If you can relate to that, you might consider a career change. It isn’t as hard as you think, and the pay-off might be even better than expected! A career in tech sales would be an excellent option. Unlimited earnings, worldwide career opportunities, and financial freedom. Apply now to get started.
But if you’d like to find out more about tech sales as a career, feel free to contact us for more information.