Do you need to have ample experience to work in the tech sales industry? Absolutely not!
Contrary to what you may believe, you don’t need any prior experience to start a tech sales career, which offers flexibility, excellent pay, and superb career growth. Experience may help, but it’s not essential!
However, completing a sales training course will give you all the skills required to excel in tech sales if you find yourself without any prior job experience. In fact, a sales training course will enable you to blend past experience from any role with the relevant skills required for selling.
Here are just a few of the amazing benefits that a career in tech sales has to offer:
- Higher pay – Suppose you’re thinking about a career change, or you’re sick of low salaries? A tech sales career offers an excellent wage. For example, the average tech sales salary in the United States is around $76,000. With all the relevant skills from a sales course, you could grow your career quickly and earn more than six figures!
- Huge opportunity – The technology industry is the fastest-growing industry in the United States. However, it’s also an enormous industry worldwide, and you can find opportunities in the UK, China, South Korea, Germany, and many more. A sales course will help you understand the sales process and set you up for a global career!
- Personal growth and flexibility – A career in tech sales provides flexibility and enormous opportunity for personal growth. You can set your own daily schedule, work as much or as little as you want, and leave yourself time for childcare and lifestyle hobbies.
Most importantly, you don’t need any experience to enjoy those benefits. Moreover, start-up companies need talent more than anything because a talented sales team will grow a business faster. Nine out of ten start-ups fail within the first ten years, and that’s often because they fail to build a strong sales team!
Here’s why sales training helps you overcome a lack of experience in sales:
1 – You’ll learn to sell
But more than just learning to sell, you’ll learn that selling is an art, and it takes creativity, patience, and lots of hard work. Of course, sales experience can give you the perfect grounding for a tech sales career. But a sales training course will teach you the nuances of a sales role even if you’ve never sold a single product in your life!
Here are some key things a sales training course can give you to prepare you for success in tech sales:
Everyone needs a mentor. It doesn’t matter whether you work in music, sports, or performing arts — you’ll need to have a mentor. Thankfully, a sales training course will offer you various mentors who each have unique experiences in sales that can help you.
In summary, through their direct experience and the countless lessons throughout their career, mentors can help you become an excellent salesperson! As the quote goes, you need to learn from the best to become the best.
You’ll learn every aspect of the sales process
A sales career isn’t about learning one or two things. In fact, to become an outstanding salesperson, you’ll need to learn many aspects. Thankfully, a sales training course will teach you the following attributes:
- Cold calling
And so much more. Once you’ve completed your sales training course, you’ll have an in-depth insight into everything there is to know about tech sales. That’s why you don’t need prior sales experience when you enroll in a sales training course.
You’ll gain an insight into sales automation tools
Technology has made the sales process far easier! Sure, all the traditional sales skills are still essential. Nevertheless, sales automation now gives companies and salespeople the information to sell more products, learn about their sales techniques, and spend more time planning their strategy.
Do you need prior experience in using sales tools? No.
When you complete a sales training course, you learn a thing or two about sales tools. From CRMs to marketing automation and free email tools; you name it, it’s probably covered in sales training. As a result, you’ll sell more and excel in your tech sales career, no experience is needed.
You’ll learn about sales psychology
Unfortunately, for many people, a sales career is a challenging career. You’ll face rejection, hard days, and you have to achieve your targets. According to stats, there is a minimum annual turnover of 20 percent in sales. Also, if you include voluntary and involuntary turnover — it rises to 34 percent, which is a high turnover compared with other jobs.
If you’re looking for a low-pressure working environment, sales might not be for you! That said, if you’re unsure how you’ll handle the pressures of a sales career, a sales training course will prepare you even if you have no sales experience.
A sales training course will give you a distinct insight into the following things:
- Beating rejection and succeeding in the workplace environment
- How to handle targets, believe in yourself, and have unlimited confidence
- Advice to how you can utilize your team members and become a better salesperson in general
- The ways to overcome high pressure
However, many people underestimate their previous experience and how that will prepare them for a tech sales career. If you’ve worked in kitchens, restaurants, or agriculture, you’ve probably already faced high pressure anyway. An excellent sales training course will help you fine-tune your existing knowledge for a life in tech!
2 – Tech sales needs talent
So, during your college days, what jobs did you do?
Some people ended up in the Food & Beverage industry, working retail and/or taking odd jobs. In short, anything that would have helped you pay for college expenses.
Don’t undersell these skills, you may be surprised with how valuable they can be. Whatever you’ve learned from any of your past jobs — with the right guidance you can use it to genuinely excel in a tech sales career. Tech sales is an excellent path you can consider for a good life after post-secondary education.
A good sales training course like Uvaro’s can help you understand your transferable skills and how you can effectively implement them into your sales career. If you have any of the following transferable skills from your previous roles — regardless of the job — you can use them for a tech sales career:
- Working in teams
- Communicating with customers
- Active listening
Training is essential to growing your current skills from previous roles. You also need a mentor to help you. And when you apply for a sales training course, you’ll get access to all that and more. Salespeople can come from literally every background, it is a very diverse field!
Now more than ever, companies need sales talent. The sales experience drives around 55 percent of customer loyalty, with 57 percent of people preferring to buy products when the sales staff are professional.
Companies need professional sales staff with talent in order to boost their business. And should companies hire graduates from a reputable sales course, they can only expect the best results. As per the famous saying — sales cures all, and without sales, you don’t have a business. Moreover, it is a simple fact that start-ups with strong sales teams always scale faster.
3 – You can draw sales experience from various industries
Have you heard of the Great Resignation?
According to experts, many people are considering quitting their careers and starting something new after the pandemic. Microsoft found that 41 percent of people are considering leaving their job in the next year. Are you part of that percentage?
If that is you, have you started wondering, what career could you change to? If you want to get started fast, consider tech sales. You can draw sales experience from almost any industry. For example, let’s take a look at bartending. If you’ve worked in a bar, you’ll have subconsciously learned these skills:
- Upselling – When you’ve worked behind a bar, there’s an excellent chance you’ve already learned how to upsell customers. Why would you sell someone a bottle of wine when you have offers on packages?
- Hustle and drive – In the United States, there’s a strong tipping culture. The harder you work, the more tips you’ll make. You can implement the same hustle and drive into a sales career.
- You’ll have a strong mentality – So, you’ll already know that most customers are friendly. However, you’ll always get challenging customers that give you a difficult time. As a result, you’ll already be ready for a sales career with your water off a duck’s back mindset that you need during days of rejection.
Check out this video about how Matt transitioned successfully from bartending to tech sales & is living the life! You can find more clips like this on our YouTube, Uvaro.
See? When you take a deeper look into many jobs, you’ll realize that you’re probably already prepared for a sales career anyway. By applying for a sales training course, you will get the professional help you need to translate your past experiences into tech skills that will let you excel in tech sales.
4 – You’ll have the best team to help you transition into sales
When you make a significant change in your life, you’ll know the importance of surrounding yourself with helpful people. With the right team around you, you’ll achieve anything in life. Many people worry about their career change, and here are some statistics:
- People tend to hold off from their career change due to fear of the unknown
- Financial concerns may also prevent at least seven out of ten people from transitioning into a new career
- The majority of people want personal support to help them make a career change
Are you feeling worried about switching careers? Get the support you need with Uvaro! An excellent sales training course will help you make the transition without any issues. A sales training course will give you the best mentors to help you transition from your old career into tech sales without any prior sales experience.
You’ll surround yourself with people on the course who are also on the same path as you. In turn, you’ll succeed with the people around you. Remember, you’re not alone when you join a sales training course. You can do it!
Start your tech sales career journey with us
Learn more about tech sales and its excellent perks with us. We have the services available for anyone looking to get started in tech sales. Our tech sales course gives you all the relevant soft skills to get started on your tech sales career.
So don’t worry if you don’t have experience or even a degree, just apply for Uvaro today!